David Curry, Jr.
- Tulane University School of Law, J.D. cum laude, 2008
- University of Texas at Tyler, B.S. in Political Science and History summa cum laude, 2005
- PRIOR EXPERIENCE
- Andrews Kurth LLP, 2008 - 2011
- Kaswitz, Benson, Tores & Friedman LLP, 2011 - 2014
- The Curry Firm, PLLC, 2014 - 2015
- BAR ADMISSIONS
- State of Texas, Admitted 2008
- All Federal District Courts of Texas
- Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals
- Houston Bar Association, Bankruptcy Section
- State Bar of Texas, Bankruptcy Section
- Turnaround Management Association
- AWARDS AND HONORS
- 2016 TMA Transaction of the Year award winner –Aziz Convenience Stores LLC
David Curry joined Okin Adams LLP in March 2015. David offers a unique mixture of legal expertise and creative problem solving, business and client relationship skills that can help you resolve your legal issues. He has experience representing clients in a variety of commercial litigation cases, bankruptcy and restructuring matters and commercial transactions.
Prior to joining Okin Adams, David worked for two AmLaw 200 law firms gaining a diverse background of legal skills. During this time, David developed many of the litigation skills he brings to bear for his clients today in both his trial and bankruptcy practices. He developed these skills through first-hand experience, including first chairing jury trials and bench trials, appeals, numerous court appearances, and extensive discovery management.
David has represented clients of all sizes from individuals and small local businesses to multi-national corporations. Regardless of the client, David approaches each representation with an entrepreneurial spirit and looks for creative ways to solve legal issues while preserving your business, financial, and personal interests. This business-minded approach goes beyond resolving the specific legal issues at hand, working to collaborate with clients in looking for opportunities to improve and maximize prospects for their businesses.
- Representative Experience:
- Counsel for the Official Committee of Unsecured Creditors; In re Black Elk Energy Offshore Operations, LLC (S.D. Tex.)
- Litigation Counsel for post-confirmation trust; In re Goldking Holdings, L.L.C., et al. (S.D. Tex.)
- Debtor’s Counsel; In re Aziz Convenience Stores, L.L.C. (S.D. Tex.)
- Debtor’s Counsel; In re Winland Ocean Shipping Corporation, et al. (S.D. Tex.)
- Litigation and Appellate Counsel for post-confirmation creditors’ trust; In re Cryptometrics, Inc. (W.D. Tex.)
- Litigation Counsel for the trustee of a private action trust; In re Cryptometrics, Inc. (W.D. Tex.)
- Litigation Counsel for national energy company in a declaratory judgment action regarding interpretation of bankruptcy sale orders
- Litigation Counsel for post-confirmation estate representative; In re Kitty Hawk, Inc., et al. (N.D. Tex.)
- Member of team representing the Official Committee of Equity Security Holders; In re Energy Partners., Ltd. (S.D. Tex.)
- Publications and Speaking Engagements:
- Finding Acceptance: Using Strategic Impairment to Satisfy § 1129(a)(10); ABI Business Reorganization Newsletter; June 2017; Reprint in Harvard Law School Bankruptcy Roundtable; October 2017
- Czyzewski v. Jevic Holding Corp.: Structured Dismissal Must Follow Priority Rules Even in “Rare Cases”; ABI Business Reorganization Newsletter; June 2017
- Offshore Plugging & Abandonment / Decommissioning Liabilities – Your Rights to Priority Payment From A Bankrupt Debtor…or So You Thought! – Turnaround Management Association Monthly Lecture Panelist; May 2017