Genevieve M. Graham
- University of New Mexico, J.D., cum laude 2011
- University of Nebraska, B.S. Business Admin. 2007
- PRIOR EXPERIENCE
- The Polnick Law Firm, PLLC, 2015-2017
- BAR ADMISSIONS
- State of Texas, 2013
- Southern District of Texas
- Northern District of Texas
- MEMBERSHIPS& TRAINING
- Houston Association of Young Bankruptcy Lawyers (HAYBL), Community Relations Chair, Co-Treasurer
- Young Lawyers Committee, State Bar of Texas, Bankruptcy Law Section
- Houston Bar Association (HBA), Bankruptcy Section
- International Women’s Insolvency & Restructuring Corporation (IWIRC)
- National Institute for Trial Advocacy (NITA) – Bankruptcy Trial Seminar
Genevieve’s primary area of practice focuses on all aspects of restructuring and reorganization work, including representation of debtors and creditors.
After law school, Genevieve worked on Capitol Hill for a distinguished congressman. She worked on his legislative staff in the areas of the economy and budget, along with taxes and the judiciary. During this time, she also took a leave of absence from his legislative staff to work on his successful campaign for the Senate.
Prior to joining Okin & Adams, Genevieve developed her bankruptcy litigation skills at a Houston consumer bankruptcy firm, where she represented consumer debtors, and both plaintiffs and defendants, in contested hearings and adversaries, including dischargeability actions, stay violations, valuation hearings, and contested objections to claims.