- University of Houston Law Center, J.D. cum laude, 2002
- Texas A&M University, B.B.A. in Accounting, 1989
- PRIOR EXPERIENCE
- Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP, 2002 - 2006
- Waltman & Grisham, 2006 - 2008
- Okin Adams & Kilmer LLP, 2008 - 2013
- Chamberlain Hrdlicka, 2013 - 2014
- BAR ADMISSIONS
- State of Texas, Admitted 2002
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Texas
- Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals
- AWARDS AND HONORS
- Thomson Reuters-Texas SuperLawyers Rising Star, 2012
Brian D. Roman has over 10 years experience in commercial litigation and bankruptcy matters. He has represented plaintiffs and defendants in a variety of lawsuits and appeals in both state and federal courts throughout Texas.
Before graduating with honors from the University of Houston Law Center in 2002, Brian served ten years in the United States Air Force as an F-15E Weapons Systems Officer. During his time in the Air Force, Brian flew deep strike, interdiction, and maritime attack missions in some of the most demanding theaters of operation in the world, including Bosnia and Iraq.
Before joining Okin Adams, Brian was an associate attorney in the litigation sections of Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP, Waltman & Grisham, and Okin Adams & Kilmer LLP. He was also the senior counsel in the bankruptcy section at Chamberlain, Hrdlicka, White, Williams, & Aughtry.
Over his distinguished career, Brian has gained extensive experience in breach of contract actions, product liability litigation. He has also represented multiple clients in arbitration proceedings before the American Arbitration Association that included confirmation of arbitration awards in federal court. His experience also includes prosecuting and defending various adversary proceedings/contested matters including preference actions, fraudulent transfer actions, claim objections, representation of debtors, unsecured creditors’ committees and post-confirmation trustees in complex Chapter 11 cases in a wide array of industries.