Ryan A. O’Connor
- South Texas College of Law Houston, J.D. 2015
- Texas Tech University, B.B.A. 2012
- PRIOR EXPERIENCE
- The Gibson Law Firm, 2015-2016
- BAR ADMISSIONS
- State of Texas, Admitted 2015
- Federal District Court for the Southern, Northern and Eastern Districts of Texas
- Houston Bar Association, Bankruptcy Section
- Houston Young Lawyers Association, Leadership Academy
- American Bar Association
Ryan is an associate in the financial restructuring group of Okin Adams. His practice focuses on counseling chapter 11 debtors, creditors, post-confirmation trustees, and distressed asset purchasers. He also represents clients in contested matters and adversary proceedings before the bankruptcy courts. Ryan strives to maximize value for his clients by helping them navigate the fast-paced chapter 11 environment and unique challenges that come with each case.
Ryan earned his J.D. from South Texas College of Law Houston. While in law school, he served as a Senator in the Student Bar Association, and was a member of the school’s transactional competition team. Ryan also worked as a judicial intern to the Honorable Reed C. O’Connor, U. S. District Court for the Northern District of Texas.
Outside of work, Ryan enjoys golf, personal fitness, spending time with his friends and family, and playing with his German Shepherd, Cy.
- Publications and Speaking Engagements:
- Finding Acceptance: Using Strategic Impairment to Satisfy § 1129(a)(10); ABI Business Reorganization Newsletter; June 2017; Reprint in Harvard Law School Bankruptcy Roundtable; October 2017
- Unplugging the Fifth Circuit’s Abandonment Problem: A Reexamination of the Midlantic Exception in Offshore E&P Cases, Tulane Environmental Law Journal, Volume 31, Issue 1 (Winter 2017).